2012年7月19日 星期四

Similarities In Ho'oponopono And Conscious Living


My preferred means for remaining in the proper alignment with the life experience is to practice the methods of ho'oponopono and conscious living. If there is any difference or conflict between the two methods it is slight. The many similarities in the teachings of ho'oponopono and conscious living, in fact, reinforce for me something I've heard often.

There is only truth, though it may be told in different ways.

Some people will surely dispute that there is only one truth, but I've come to believe it -- mostly from hearing different sources repeat identical insights, and then experiencing these insights as the truth for myself.

Ho'oponopono and conscious living each consider the source of all suffering to be an internal issue. This is to say that a problem -- no matter what it may be or what form it may appear to take -- is never out there. Never. Out there, in fact, is only a projection of internal energies and so at best is just a concept: it is not a hard and firm reality, though most people consider it to be.

The response to this may be to offer an exception:

I have cancer. That is reality. And the fact -- fact -- that I have cancer is my problem (or one of my problems).

Fair enough. Let's take the previous example and hold it under the light. Cancer is a serious issue, after all, isn't it?

That you've been given a diagnosis of cancer is not a problem. The problem is your response to having been diagnosed with cancer. And this response is surely coming from your conscious mind, aka, your ego.

I'm going to die! I'm too young! I'm going to be in horrible pain! I'm going to miss out on so much! My friends/family will never be able to get along without me! I need a miracle! I've got to beat this!

And on and on. You -- your genuine identity -- is not concerned with a diagnosis of cancer. You -- your genuine identity -- cannot be impacted in any way by a diagnosis of cancer. To your genuine identity, a diagnosis of cancer is meaningless. It's so much gibberish.

Which brings us to the fundamental purpose in both ho'oponopono and conscious living: to be genuine identity. This is the only reason for being in this experience that we typically refer to as life on earth -- to be your genuine self, as you were created. Nothing more than this.

But what about working? What about making money? What about being a parent? What about achieving? What about...

No! None of this is you -- all of these are labels that your ego grabs onto as a means for maintaining itself. You are beyond your ego, above it, and you are whole and complete. You are perfection and have everything that you need. You need for nothing, and you certainly don't need for labels that can never express your true essence.

You are.

Ho'oponopono and conscious living each preach -- and teach -- the same thing. Come back to yourself. This is where everything that you want, everything that you need, is found.




Thomas Williams offers life coaching insights and advice for transforming pain and suffering, and improving existence, at his website TheMakeLifeBetterGuy.com.




沒有留言:

張貼留言